Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dinner Mar 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday!  Dinner tonight is in the crock-pot as we speak!  I love using my crock-pot and do so whenever I come across a good meal.  Tonight's dinner comes from http://www.bettycrocker.com/.  It's a Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken.  Yum! 

Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken

3 slices bacon (I didn't put this in.  Didn't feel like frying bacon when I was throwing it together this morn)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 chopped celery
1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes (I put mine in the Magic Bullet so they weren't so chunky)
2 cups hot cooked rice

Cook the bacon, adding peppers, onions and celery and sauteing for a few minutes.  Place in slow cooker when soft.  Add chicken, seasoning and tomatoes.  (I just dumped everything into the crock-pot).  Cook that baby on low all day!  Then serve over rice.  I'm going to have cornbread w/ this (hooray for Jiffy!!).  A yummy meal on its way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment