Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dinner Mar 31, 2011 - Penne w/ Tomatoes & Smoked Mozz

Hello everyone!  I hope your Thursday is treating you well and your meals have been delightful :)  Tonight's dinner has been on my meal list for a few weeks now, but I've been nervous to make it.  Mainly b/c I was worried about the smoked cheese.  Sometimes smokey cheese can add way too much to 'smoke-ness' flavor to the dish.  So I finally decided to make it tonight; I had to work so the hubs had to feed the kids :)  he he!  Anyway--it turned out really well.  I got it from www.kraftfoods.com, but adapted the recipe a bit.  It called for jar Alfredo sauce, but I made my own.  I had some when I got home and really enjoyed it.  Below---I give you a noodl-ey dish full of smokey cheese :)

Penne w/ Tomatoes & Smoked Mozz

3 c Penne (or whatever noodles you have)
2 T Olive Oil
1 T minced garlic
Salt & Pepper
1 block cream cheese
1/2 - 3/4 c milk
1 cup frozen peas
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
4 oz smoked mozzarella

Heat oven to 350.  Spray casserole dish w/ cooking spray and set aside.  Cook pasta according to directions on package.  Heat oil in skillet on med heat and add garlic.  Saute for 2-3 min, then add cream cheese and enough milk to make a creamy consistency.  Cook on low until cheese is melted.  Add peas and cook 2-3 min, until peas are thawed, then add tomatoes and cooked pasta.  Spoon all into dish and top w/ sliced cheese.  Bake 25-30min.  I served this w/ garlic bread and some wine for the big kids :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment