Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dinner Mar 1, 2011

Yikes!!!  I just typed MARCH!!  Wow--I cannot believe it's here.  That much closer to the warmer weather :))))  I'd like to give a shout-out to my newest follower----Hope you're ready for some de-LIGHT-ful dishes :)

We've still got our fam in town and we're going out tonight, but I wanted to leave you with a meal.  Tonight I bring you a tried-and-true: Sloppy Joes.  Now, let me tell you, I have not always been a fan of sloppy joes.  To say the least, I don't like them.  I've tried countless recipes and am never satisfied.  I'm just not that into them ;)  But my fam (mainly my hubby) loooooooves them, so I try to accommodate.  I make them on nights when I'm not going to be home for dinner--he he :)  It's actually gotten to where he said, 'It seems like we have sloppy joes every time you have book club'.  Well--yeah!  So, back to the story---I found this recipe from http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and fell in love with it.  I mean, I'll be standing at the stove stirring this, getting ready to leave the house and I'll find myself eating sloppy joes by the spoonful!  I've since started making them on nights I'm home :)

I've adjusted this recipe a bit from the original, and it is yumm-ers!  I hope you all enjoy!!!

Sloppy Joes

1 lb ground beef
1 T garlic, minced (again, from the jar)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
3 T ketchup
2 T sugar
3 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T white vinegar
1-2 T hot sauce
salt and pepper
4-6 hamburger buns

Brown beef, garlic and onions; drain.  Add sauce, ketchup, sugar, W sauce, vinegar, hot sauce and salt and pepper.  Stir and cook for about 5min, allowing flavors to come together.  Adjust vinegar and hot sauce to taste.  Serve on buns and enjoy!!

I usually serve this with chips and some cheese slices.  It's a perfect feel-like-you're-a-kid meal :)  Happy eating all!!!

1 comment: