Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Monday, March 14, 2011

Dinner Mar 13, 2011 - Hamburger Soup

Good Monday morning to all of my chefs!!  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend :)  I gotta say--I LOVE DST!!!!  How awesome is it that it's still daylight at 730pm??  Now, for the warmth :)  Soon......

I would like to point out that a suggestion was made to me over the weekend--someone asked if I could include the recipe name in the blog title.  This will make searching easier.  I have also been told by more than one person that the mashed potatoes in the Swiss Chicken recipe were To. Die. For.  And folks, I gotta say:  I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!  Are they not the most delish, scrumptious, delightful thing EVER?!?!?!  And having said that, let's move on :)

For dinner last night I bring you a recipe that I guarantee will be put on the shelf in your recipe pantry--Hamburger Soup.  This recipe was just given to me last week by a neighbor.  She told me she was having it for dinner and I marveled.  I was even more intrigued when she said it was healthy.  Yes!!  So she brought me a bowl for lunch and I was hooked!  We had it last night with a salad and I'm stoked to have it again for lunch today!!  Ladies, I give you: Hamburger Soup......

Hamburger Soup

1 lb of hamburger
16 oz diced tomatoes (I didn't have these on hand so I used a can of crushed tomatoes instead)
12 oz tomato juice
7 cups of water
1 green pepper, chopped
1 c celery, chopped
2-4 carrots, chopped
1-2 potatoes, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 c rice
3-4 beef boullion cubes
Salt and Pepper

Brown beef and drain.  Mix the remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat, stirring often for several hours.  That's it!!!  I added a little more water b/c I wanted my soup to be more broth-y.  We served it w/ the salad and some saltines w/ butter.  I hope you all try this one and enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment