Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dinner Mar 10, 2011

Hello chefs!  Today is dreary and feels like a lazy day.......considered ordering pizza or something, but then I found this recipe--Creamy Chicken and Rigatoni; sounds yummy and warm :)  I hope you enjoy.....

Creamy Chicken and Rigatoni

1 T Olive Oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 T garlic, minced (thank you, jar of pre-minced garlic :)
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 can diced tomatoes (I've recently learned my hubby doesn't like diced tomatoes--yep, never knew that!!  So now I'm throwing them into the Magic Bullet to blend them a bit.  2 cans also seems like a lot; I'll probably only use 1)
2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 1/2 cups rigatoni (I don't like rigatoni; I think it's too big, so I'm using penne)
1 pkg frozen broccoli, red peppers, onions and mushrooms (I just bought a bag of frozen veggies--couldn't find this exact mix)
Shredded Parm (I like to keep a block of fresh parm in the fridge; nothing adds flavor to an Italian dish like fresh grated parm :)

Heat oil (it says in a Dutch oven but really???  Who has one of those and do you really use it???  I'll take a skillet, please!) and cook chicken, garlic, basil and oregano in oil until chicken is no longer pink.  Stir in tomatoes, cream, salt, pepper and cayenne.  Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 min.  Cook pasta according to directions, then mix pasta and veggies w/ chicken and simmer until hot.  Enjoy! 

We'll prob have this one w/ one of those wonderful loaves of bread from Schwan's :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment