Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Monday, March 28, 2011

Dinner Mar 27, 2011 - Chicken Alfredo

Hello everyone!  I hope the weekend has been fantastic so far.  Dinner tonight is brought to you from a recipe that I've made a ton.  I adapt it every time I make it!  This evening I'm trying the new Cooking Creme from Philly.  I used it once last week and I love it! And so I present to you....Chicken Alfredo w/ Green Beans and French Bread.....

Chicken Alfredo

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 cups chicken broth
1 lb fettuccine noodles
2 T Olive Oil
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion salt
Ground Pepper
Philly Cooking Creme - Plain

Place the chicken in pot and cover w/ broth (use a little water if needed, to ensure the chicken is covered).  Boil about 15-20min, or until chicken is no longer pink.  Remove chicken and set aside, reserving broth.  In large skillet, spread oil around pan and add spices.  Cook on med heat a few minutes, careful not to burn.  Slice chicken across the grain and add to skillet.  Saute a few minutes, allowing the chicken to become coated in the spices.  Add the Cooking Creme and about 1/2-1 cup broth to make a creamy consistency.  Cook noodles according to package directions and add to chicken.  Enjoy w/ green beans and bread!!

Green Beans

1 pkg Steamers green beans (I get mine from Schwan's)
2 T Olive Oil
1 T minced garlic
Salt and Pepper

Cook beans according to package directions.  Heat oil and spices in skillet and add beans when they are done.  Saute for about 6-8 min on low, letting the beans become coated in the spices.  That's it!!!

Again, I used a loaf of frozen French bread--super simple!! 

I hope you enjoy this Italian classic that's simple to pull together.  Happy Cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment