Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dinner Mar 2, 2011

Hello all!  Happy Wednesday!!  I hope the week is going well for everyone.  We are enjoying some sunshine here and loving it :)

Today's meal is an absolute favorite.  I first got to taste Swiss Chicken after I had my daughter.  It is customary (and, as I've come to find out, very much-appreciated) in this part of the country to bring new moms meals a few times a week for a few weeks after they have a baby!  Not sure if anyone else does that, but I LOVE it!!!  So, a mom brought me Swiss Chicken and I fell in love.  It's soooooooo unbelievably easy, it's almost not even right.  But it's soooooooo yummy, you know it's right ;)  It's creamy and smooth and a little tart from the cheese and altogether amazing!  So, without further ado, I bring you Swiss Chicken.....

Swiss Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (if the breasts are thick, I like to fillet them so they cook faster)
6-8 slices Swiss cheese
2 cans cream of chicken
1/2 - 1 cup milk

Heat oven to 350deg.  Place chicken in baking dish and top w/ slices of cheese, so that chicken is covered.  In another bowl mix cream of chicken and milk (you should be able to pour it smoothly, but not have it runny).  Pour cream of chicken over cheese and chicken.  Bake for 25-35min, or until chicken is done.  That's it!!  So easy, huh???  I'm serving this w/ some instant mashed potatoes (check out my tips on instant pots below...) so I can pour the gravy all over them--yum :), and some green beans.  This one's a winner, kids.  I guarantee it.  Happy dinners!!!

Pointers on Instant Mashed Potatoes.....

I love to make instants potatoes--they are so easy!  And I've learned to make them a little more delish: after you make the desired amount, add about 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 block cream cheese.  Let them sit, covered, until they mix together smoothly.  Now you've got yourself a home cooked meal :)

1 comment:

  1. I made this one the other night and it was soo easy and my girls even liked it, which is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete