Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dinner Apr 7, 2001 - Beef Enchiladas

Hello my lovely cooks :)  I am sorry I have been absent for a few days; it's been crazy around here!!  We had a friend over for dinner on Thursday and I decided to make her these tasty enchiladas!  I had a recipe for them, but once I read it I didn't like it so I adjusted it a bit :)  Below, you will find an amazing Mexican delight!!!

Beef Enchiladas

1lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/4 c water
1/2 c salsa (I used half medium, half hot)
1 can enchilada sauce
1 1/2 c shredded cheese, divided
8-10 flour tortillas
Sour cream and lettuce, optional

Heat oven to 350deg.  Brown meat in skillet until no longer pink; drain.  Return meat to pan.  Mix taco seasoning w/ water and add to beef.  Add salsa, sauce and 1 c cheese.  Mix and simmer on low for 10 min.  This makes the flavors mix and taste extra super-yummy :)  Fill tortillas and place in 9x13 pan.  Pour any remaining mixture over rolled enchiladas.  Top w/ cheese and bake for about 20-25min, until cheese is bubbly.  This dish was awesome!!  I topped it w/ the lettuce and sour cream and served it w/ some Spanish rice.  Voila--a meal!!!  I hope you enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it! I've been looking for a easy dish like this, we love mexican food!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete