Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dinner Apr 17, 2011 - Pecan-Crusted Chicken w/ Sweet Mustard Sauce

Good evening my lovely chefs :)  I hope your weekend was well and that you were able to enjoy some warm weather.  I've been doing this blog for almost 2 months now and I love it!  Not only does it help others, it helps me to not repeat the same dinner week after week!  I hope it's doing the same for you.  I'm enjoying seeing your success......and disasters :)  I'm so proud of you guys for trying new things on your families and for taking the step to make a homemade meal; it speaks wonders about the amazing person you are.  Keep up the good work kiddos!! 

Now that it's getting warmer, I'm slipping back into my grilling-days :)  This is not completely bad, but on some nights, using the grill means brats or burgers--not healthy at all :(  But I love' em!  So I'm going to try to limit those by forcing myself to blog recipes and make them!!  So, without further ado--I give you my Pecan-Crusted Chicken.  Enjoy :)

Pecan-Crusted Chicken w/ Mustard Sauce

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 c pecans, crushed
1 c bread crumbs
1 teas cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
2 eggs, beaten w/ a little water
1/2 - 1 c veg oil, for cooking

Mustard Sauce

2 T Stone-ground mustard (first time I've ever bought this stuff!)
1/4 c peach preserves
1 T cider vinegar
1/2 teas garlic, minced
Dash of salt
1/4 - 1/2 c Olive Oil

Heat veg oil in skillet over med-high heat.  Meanwhile, mix pecans, crumbs, cayenne and s&p.  Dredge chicken strips in egg mixture, then pecan mixture and fry in skillet w/ oil, 3-4 min per side.  Drain on paper towels.  Mix ingredients for sauce, adjusting sweetness w/ peach preserves as needed.  I served this dish w/ chicken, sauce, couscous and some french bread.  It was pretty good!!  The kids both gobbled it up and my hubs loved the sauce!  Happy dinners!!

2 comments:

  1. After I made this one, my boyfriend wants to know if your husband is as stoked as he is about the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Funny. He's used to me cooking like this; I used to butcher meals when we first got married, but a LOT of Food NEtwork has greatly improved my skilz ;) He's most stoked b/c this blog makes it to where there aren't so many repeats--sweet!! Glad you guys are enjoying ;)

    ReplyDelete