Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dinner Apr 13, 2011 - Corn Chowder

Good evening my friends!!  I hope your week is going well.  The weather here is beautiful--I just hope it lasts!!!  Tonight's dinner is from my aunt.  She made it for some family a while back; I wasn't there to enjoy it, but they sent me the recipe and I really wanted to try it!  It's very easy and turned out wonderful!!  I hope you enjoy :)

Corn Chowder

2 med unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cooked ham, cubed
1/2 c diced red pepper (forgot this :)
1/2 chopped celery
1 t butter
2 T flour
2 c chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cream corn
2 T gr onions
Salt and Pepper
Cooked, crumbled bacon (again, didn't add this.  I hate frying bacon.....maybe I should buy some of that microwave bacon.....)

Heat butter in soup-pot.  Saute pepper and celery 3-4 min.  Whisk in flour and cook about 2 min.  Add broth, milk and corn.  Add potatoes and cook on low until potatoes are tender.  Add ham and allow to warm.  Top w/ bacon and onions and serve!!  I made some freezer-yeast rolls and it was soooooo good!!!  Happy last-soup-of-the-season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment