Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Friday, April 29, 2011

Dinner Apr 27, 2011 - Chicken Pot Pie

Hello everyone!  It was cold and rainy here on Wed.  And, since I vowed to have made my last soup of the season :), I had to search for something else to warm us up.  In swoops--chicken pot pie!!  I love making pot pie; I make it different every time....and each time it's wonderful :)  Below, is my latest recipe:

Chicken Pot Pie

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 c chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 can cream of mushroom (Here I would have used cream of celery/potato....whatever I had on hand)
1/2 c milk, to make it smooth
2 cups mixed veggies, thawed
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 egg, beaten w/ a little water added

Heat oven to 400deg. Poach chicken in broth 15-20 min, or until no longer pink.  Cut chicken into cubes.  Mix soups and milk until smooth.  Add chicken, soup and veggies to baking dish.  Cover w/ pie crust and brush w/ egg.  Bake 20-25 min, or until crust is golden brown. 

This was delish!!  I hope you add it to your box of make-when-it's-nasty-out recipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment