Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dinner Apr 12, 2011 - Mexican Casserole

Hello everyone!!!  I owe you a few days worth of meals :)  Dinner tonight was from one of my best friends from high school.  She sent this to me and I knew I'd have to try it--and we LOVED it!!  The kiddos picked around the onions a bit, but it tasted amazing.  I was going to serve it w/ corn bread, but ran out of time :)  I hope you enjoy!!

Mexican Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/4 c water
1 c diced onion (I used a little less)
1 bag of tortilla chips 
1 can of chili beans--don't drain (I used kidney b/c I didn't have chili)
1 can of rotel, drained
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 c shredded cheese 
Green onion (as I'm typing this I realized I forgot these--oops!!)

Heat oven to 350deg.  Brown ground beef and drain.  Mix taco seasoning and water.  Place in skillet w/ onion and saute a bit.  Crush the tortilla chips and place in the bottom of casserole dish.  Layer the meat mixture on top of the chips, then the chili beans. Then mix the rotel and cream of chicken soup together and layer that on top of the chili beans.  Place the shredded cheese and gr onions on top.  Top it off with the shredded cheese and green onions.  Bake for about 45 min.  We ate this w/ sour cream---delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment