Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dinner Apr 25, 2011 - Caribbean Pork & Rice

Good evening!!!  I hope everyone is staying dry :)  It seems to be raining all over the country this week!  Tonight's dinner came from www.kraftfoods.com and It-Was-Amazing!!!  I don't cook w/ pork often; I'm too afraid I'll undercook it, so I just don't use it :)  But I LOVED this dish!  Peppers, rice, pineapple.....lots of make-me-feel-like-a-beachy-meal ingredients!!!!  Behold.....your dinner: 

Caribbean Pork & Rice

1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
2T Olive Oil
1T paprika
1 teas crushed red peppers
Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c chicken broth
2 c rice, uncooked
1 can pineapple chunks, undrained
3-4 tortillas, cut into strips

Heat oven to 350deg.  Place tortilla strips on baking sheet and bake 8-10 min, or until brown. 

Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet and add pork.  Add spices, onion, carrots and pepper.  Saute 10-12 min, or until pork is no longer pink and veggies are tender.  Add broth, rice and pineapple.  Cover and simmer on low 5-7 min, until rice is tender.  Serve the pork and rice w/ the baked tortilla strips.  I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment