Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dinner Apr 18, 2011 - Chicken Nachos, Made-Over

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all doing well and your meals have been turning out fabulous!  Tonight's dinner comes to you from http://www.kraftfoods.com/.  Now, you know me--and you know that I love some good nachos :)  But they are soooooo unhealthy!!!  So I pounced on this recipe when I saw it.  I'll give you my comments after I show you the recipe......

Chicken Nachos, Made-Over

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c salsa (I mixed half med, half hot)
1 c shredded cheese
1 c crushed tortilla chips
2 cups hot, cooked rice
Juice of 1 lime
Handful of torn Cilantro
Sour Cream, for topping

Heat oven to 350deg.  Place chicken breasts in 9x13 pan (coated w/ cooking spray) and cover w/ salsa (*here I would have topped w/ some frozen corn also, but I was out).  Bake 20-30 min, or until chicken is pink.  Top w/ chips and cheese and bake another 5min. 

While chicken is baking, mix rice w/ lime juice and cilantro.  Top rice w/ baked chicken and then w/ sour cream. 

This dish was okay; the flavors weren't quite as spicy or as prominent as I would have liked, but when you're trying to bake a little lighter w/ Mexican food--you gotta give somewhere!  It was good, but I think I'll maybe add a little taco seasoning onto the chicken next time......

I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment