Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dinner Aug 16 - Steak Fajitas

This dinner was AMAZING!!!  I'm not a fan of fajitas in restaurants, b/c the meat is always tough and it's soaked in a sauce that, albeit delicious, it can't be good for you!  These fajitas put all other fajitas to shame!  I originally got the recipe from www.kraftfoods.com, but I adapted it a bit, of course :)  I  have to give some credit to my hubs, who is the World's Best Meat Griller ;)  I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we did!!

1 Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
All purpose seasoning
2 red or green peppers, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
3 banana peppers, sliced
1 cayenne pepper, sliced (for heat)
1 c corn
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 gr onions, chopped
handful of Cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
Salt
flour tortillas

Heat grill to med-high.  Season steak on both sides, being very generous w/ seasoning.  As my husband would say - if you think you've over-seasoned it, it's perfect!  The the peppers and onion and toss in the seasoning as well.  Grill veggies in grill pan for about 8-10 min and grill steak for about 8min per side, for rare steak. 
Mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl.  To assemble, layer steak, peppers and corn salsa inside tortilla.  I used a little sour cream also :)  It was soooooo good!!!!  Happy dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment