Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Monday, August 15, 2011

Dinner Aug 13 - Indian Tandoori BBQ Chicken

This is a great Sunday Summer dinner--it's a delish BBQ chicken w/ a little spin on the ol' classic!  As we were eating this we both said how this dinner just screams SUMMER!!!  And since summer is officially winding to a close, with school going back soon :(, it's time to celebrate!!!  I got this recipe from www.kraftfoods.com; we loved it and I hope you do too!!

1/4 c BBQ sauce
1/4 c greek yogurt (I used all of my plain yogurt in my recipe last week and I didn' think blueberry would taste very good so I just skipped this part)
2 T lemon juice (again, didn't have this, so just used vinegar)
1 T oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t cumin
1 t ginger
2 t curry powder
1/4 t chili powder
1 1/2 lb chicken drumsticks

Mix all ingredients except chicken in ziploc bag.  Reserve 1/4 c sauce.  Pour chicken in bag and turn to coat.  Marinate for 30 min, or as long as you have.  Heat grill to med-high.  Grill chicken for about 20-25 min, turning and brushing w/ reserved marinade occasionally.  We served this w/ some fresh-from-the-garden veggies and corn on the cob.  It was fantastic!!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment