Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Friday, August 12, 2011

Dinner Aug 12 - Crunchy Curried Chicken Salad

Hello everyone!!  I must say--I am pumped about tonight's dinner!!  Crunchy Curry salad???  I just sound welcoming!  I am a fan of curry and spice and, hey, if it has those words AND salad in the title--it's gotta be good, right??? ;) 

I got this recipe from a Pampered Chef book I bought a while back.  I am a PC fanatic and their cookbooks have taken a permanent spot on my recipe rack on the counter.  Love them!  Happy eating!!

1/2 cup whole cashews
1/2 c flaked coconut
1 T curry powder
2 T mango chutney (I don't want to use chutney, since it often has a lot of sugar in it.  So I bought a couple of mangos and I'm just going to chop them and add some splenda, salt and curry)
1/2 c plain yogurt (I like to use Greek)
3 boneless skinless chicken, cooked (I'll prob grill mine)
2/3 gr onions, sliced
4 c lettuce/mixed greens

Place cashews and coconut in skillet on med heat.  Toast until they become fragrant; about 2-3 min.
Mix mango, curry powder & yogurt.  Reserve 1/4 c dressing & mix the rest w/ the cooked chicken.
To assemble salad, layer lettuce, chicken, green onions.  Spoon mango mixture on top.  Sprinkle w/ cashews & coconut.  Drizzle w/ remaining dressing.  This sounds light & yummy and perfect for summer!  The kiddos prob won't eat the lettuce, so their chicken might be wrapped in a tortilla....making a curry burrito!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment