Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dinner Aug 10, 2011 - Slow-Cooker Onion Pot Roast


Hello friends!  I hope your summer is still going well--and that your dinner's are superb!!!!  Tonight I bring you a meal that is nice when you're spending the evening outside and when you get indoors, the last thing you want to do is cook!!  This pot roast was super-easy to prep and was very tasty!!  I got i from www.bettycrocker.com - another favorite recipe site!!  I hope you enjoy!!

Slow Cooker Onion Pot Roast

1 - 4lb boneless beef chuck roast
Salt & Pepper
2 med onions, sliced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3/4 cup beer (I omitted this, in an effort to reduce the sugar in this recipe.  I just made 2 cups broth for it)
2 T brown sugar (I used Splenda br sugar)
3 T spicy mustard
2 T cider vinegar (A great addition to meals; low in calories and sugar, while still adding tons of flavor!)

Place sliced onions in slow cooker.  Place beef on top.  In small bowl, mix broth, salt & pepper, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar.  Poor over meat and onions.  Cook on low for 8-10 hrs.  I served this w/ some pasta, for the kiddos, and peas.  It was a perfect meal!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment