Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dinner Feb 28, 2011

Hello kiddos!  I want to give you my dinner recipe for tomorrow while I'm sitting here at my computer tonight.  It's a slow-cooker recipe that sounds delish--Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.  Yum!  I loooooove my slow-cooker; it's the best. thing. ever. for a busy family.  Even if you're not busy, there's not much better in this world than coming home at 5pm and smelling dinner in the crock pot.  Sigh......now that's comfort food :)  I got this recipe from http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and I've never made this one before so I'll let you know what we think. 

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

3.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs
1 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I'm going to use Frank's)
1 cucumber
12 sandwiches buns
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

Place chicken and sauce in slow cooker and cook on low 7-8 hrs.  Remove chicken from cooker and shred w/ two forks on a cutting board.  Strain out pieces and skim fat from cooker, then replace chicken.  Cook for 15-20min, allowing chicken to soak up sauce.  Serve sandwiches with sliced cucumber and blue cheese on the buns.  I'm serving this one w/ some good, crispy fries.  Yum :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment