Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dinner Feb 21, 2011

My husband is out of town--blah!  He doesn't travel often but when he does I'm tempted to throw some chicken nuggets in the oven and then have my dinner of snacks in the pantry after the kids to go to bed :)  No---not a good idea.  We LOVE Mexican.  We probably have a Mexican-themed meal 2 or 3 times a week, and we usually have tacos once a week.  I grew up in Colorado and, as they say it, the spicier the better!  My daughter will drag anything I give her through salsa (including grapes), while my son is a little more reserved.  Here's what's on our menu tonight:

Easy Baked Taco Pie (I got this recipe from http://www.kraftfoods.com/, one of my fav sights)

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 T Chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg frozen corn
6 tortillas (it says whole wheat, but I don't like those)
Shredded cheese and sour cream

Heat oven to 375deg

Brown meat and onions and chili powder on med-high heat.  Drain.  Add tomatoes and corn, cook 5 min, allowing corn to thaw and tomatoes to warm.  Stirring occasionally.

Spoon 1 cup of meat mixture into 2qt round casserole (here's where I use whatever pan I drag out of the cabinet first).  Cover w/ 3 tortillas and some cheese.  Cover w/ remaining tortillas and meat.  Cover w/ foil.

Bake for 25-30 min, or until heated.  Top w/ cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 min or until cheese is melted.  Serve topped w/ sour cream.

Enjoy!

I like this recipe b/c it is easy and I can make it, stick it into the oven and go hang w/ the kids.  I'm going to serve Spanish rice w/ this meal.  If my husband was here, I'd prob have some cornbread also, but that's a lot of food for three people!  I'll prob make it around 5, then feed the kids their veggies (here's to my tips!!) and let it cook.  When it comes out at 5:30, I'll let it cool while I make the rice, then we'll eat!  Delish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment