Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome!!

Hello folks!  Welcome to my blog!  I want to help moms (and dads and grandmas and whoever else might be cooking for little ones tonight) cook wholesome, delicious meals that will help make your day easier and feed your family a healthy meal.  Don't worry--this isn't a blog that will be dishing out Swiss chard and talapia fillets :)  I make good-for-you meals that are easy to prepare and are family-friendly. 

I like to plan my meals for two weeks at a time.  I know, this sounds impossible to some of you, but with a little practice and a little help, it won't be so bad!  Planning allows me to do one big shopping trip to get all of my ingredients and it makes it so I don't have to lean over the counter staring at my cookbook around 4:30 every evening wondering what I can defrost.  Don't get me wrong--there are nights I do that, but I try to have several meals planned and have the fixin's on hand to make it a little easier. 

I get a lot of my meals from cookbooks, websites and my brain.  I love to cook and I've got lots of yummy recipes stored upstairs when I need them :)  This blog will help you to get some dinner ideas at a glance and make your evenings run more smoothly. 

Happy Cooking!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Nikki! I am a total dinner planner (usually just one week at a time though) and I will definitely add your site to my Google reader!

    ReplyDelete