Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dinner Jan 25 - Chicken Fajitas

Hello my fellow food-lovers!!  I know that I've been trying to be realllllllly healthy, but I wanted a Good. Old. Fajitas tonight ;)  So I made some DELISH new chicken fajitas in a way that I've never done before!  I cut the chicken differently (which made it more tender) and seasoned it differently (which added a ton more flavor).  Try this one--I know you'll like it!

Chicken Burritos

3 chicken breasts
1 onion
1 red pepper
2 packets taco seasoning (I used Old Elpaso, with less sodium)
Small tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa & tomatoes

Heat skillet on med-high and pour a turn of olive oil in the pan.  Slice chicken breasts against the grain; making short, thick slices.  Slice the onion in half, then make thin slices.  Slice the pepper in long strips.  Add all to the skillet.  Saute for 3-5 min, then add seasoning.  Turn the meat, veggies and seasoning in the pan; this lets everything cook together and creates wonderful flavors in the meat and veggies.  Warm the tortillas and serve the chicken and veggies wrapped up with those delicious toppings :)  Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment