Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dinner Jan 17 - Baked Chicken Fingers

Hello everyone!!  I feel like we're just getting back to reality after a long, FUN weekend!!  Tonight my hubs and I will be dining on some baked fish; we're using the same recipe from the baked Cod, but using Talapia.  I want to make the kiddos something different, since they don't LOVE fish :)  This one recipe is something I had at a friend's house when I was, like 11yrs old....and I haven't forgotten it!  Love this stuff!! 

Baked Chicken Fingers

2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 egg
1 c cornmeal
1 T salt
Ground pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Heat oven to 375deg.  Scramble egg, adding a little cold water.  Mix dry ingredients and place in separate bowl.  Dip chicken in egg mixture and then cornmeal mixture.  Place on foil-lined baking sheet.  Bake 15min, cut into one strip and bake 5 more min if needed.  These are awesome dipped in good ol' ketchup!  I'm serving this w/ some leftover cous cous from last week and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  This will be a hard one for me to avoid snacking on while cooking ;)....I love these!!!  Enjoy your dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment