Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dinner Mat 1, 2011 - Glazed Talapia Fillets w/ Rice

Happy May Day!!!!  I hope your May is starting off superb :)  This recipe came from a Pampered Chef cookbook I have.  I tweaked it a little, b/c it wasn't on my menu and I didn't have all of the ingredients ;)  I hope you enjoy my version!!

Glazed Talapia Fillets w/ Rice

5-7 Talapia Fillets
1/2 c Teriakyi sauce
1/4 c water
1 T cornstarch
1 Box Yellow Rice (I use Zattiran's)
1 c frozen peas, thawed

Heat broiler on high.  Mix sauce, cold water and cornstarch in bowl w/ whist until smooth.  Simmer on low in saucepan, stirring w/ whisk, until thick.  Place fillet's in baking dish, sprayed w/ cooking spray, and brush about 1/2 of the glaze over the top of fish.  Broil 8-12min, or until fish flakes apart easily w/ fork.  *NOTE: I cooked it 8min first, then checked every 2min, until it was done.  This will ensure you don't overcook it, causing it to become rubbery. 

Cook rice according to box directions.  When done cooking, add peas.  Serve fish w/ rice and peas.  This was amazing!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment