Dinner Tonight

What's for dinner tonight?? Below holds some answers.....

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dinner June 2, - Roast & Veggies

Tonight, I dove into my resources to come up w/ a delicious roast that had yummy veggies--and no potatoes!!  I turned to the forgotten vegetable--turnips!  So, here's the plan....

Roast and Veggies

1.5lb beef roast
2 turnips, peeled and cut into cubes
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 chili pepper, chopped and seeds taken out to adjust to spice preferences
1 gr chili, chopped and again--check the seeds
1T fresh thyme
1 T chopped chives
1 cup gravy--I used a chicken soup/gravy that was amazing!!

This can go in the crockpot in the morning--I used a baking dish I just got and just kept it in the oven all day on 200deg....your choice!! 

Place meat in crockpot/baking dish and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.  Place veggies and herbs on meat and top w/ gravy/soup mix.  Cook on low alllllll day---until it's yummy and tender and delish!!!!  This one brought the house down!!!  The kids wanted more--but there wasn't any!!  Enjoy friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment